Local cable companies will add WSBE's third channel to their line-ups over the next several weeks. Cox cable subscribers in Rhode Island will find Vme on channel 813, beginning February 20. On February 28, Comcast in Massachusetts will start carrying Vme on channel 293 for most of its Massachusetts coverage area, and on channel 313 in Martha's Vineyard, Sandwich, Falmouth, and Plymouth.
Vme’s mission is to entertain, educate, and inspire families in Spanish with a contemporary mix of original productions, exclusive premieres, acquisitions, and popular public television programs specially adapted for American Latinos. Vme provides a clear programming alternative to mainstream Spanish-language media, and the uncluttered ad environment typical of public television, for corporations and organizations looking to connect with the national Hispanic community through sophisticated TV and web content, educational programs, and grassroots events.
Similar to English-language public television programming, Vme presents several programming blocks with relevant and educational content that engages, entertains, and inspires the audience:
• Latino-focused lifestyle content: health, parenting, travel, food, home, design, and self-improvement programs
• Prime time drama series
• News and current affairs
• Nature documentaries from BBC, National Geographic and PBS
• Latin films and TV miniseries
• Original music series, arts and pop culture specials
• Educational preschool programs in Spanish (40 hours a week), including Plaza Sesamo (Spanish Sesame Street).