Dave Layman - Moderator
Tim Duffy, Executive Director, RI Association of School Committees
Dr. Ken Wagner, Rhode Island Education Commissioner *
Robert Walsh, Jr., Executive Director, National Education Association RI
Rhode Island Education Special Topics:
- Recent PARCC Results
- Achievement gap grows, how do we resolve that?
- Some improvement but is it enough?
- Empowerment Schools
- What’s the point?
- Teachers Unions on board? If not, why not?
- Are they just a hybrid of Charter Schools?
- Should RI move towards MA education model?
- Some say it’s outdated. If so, how?
- Why are MA test scores considerably higher than RI?
- Governor’s computer science goals
- Are they realistic from a resource and cost perspective?
- Do enough teachers truly have the skills to teach CS?
- Could those $$ be used somewhere else with better results?
A Lively Experiment airs on WSBE Rhode Island PBS (36.1) Fridays at 7 p.m., with rebroadcasts on Saturdays at 7 p.m. on WSBE Learn (36.2), and Sundays at noon on WSBE Rhode Island PBS.
WSBE Rhode Island PBS transmits standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) programming over the air on digital 36.1; on Rhode Island cable: Cox 08 / 1008HD, Verizon FiOS 08 / 508HD, and Full Channel 08; on Massachusetts cable: Comcast 819HD and Verizon FiOS 18 / 518HD; on satellite: DirecTV 36 / 3128HD, Dish Network 36.
WSBE Learn transmits over the air on digital 36.2; in Rhode Island on Cox 808; Verizon FiOS 478; Full Channel 89; and in Massachusetts on Comcast 294 or 312.
Can't get to the TV? Watch the episode online anytime and anywhere on our YouTube channel. Episodes of A Lively Experiment are generally available to watch on the next business day. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, and YouTube will notify you when a new episode is uploaded.
On Facebook? So are we! "Like" A Lively Experiment on Facebook.