One important way you can support Rhode Island PBS is to get more involved through various volunteer opportunities. Do you have some time to spare? We are refreshing our volunteer list and would love to see your name on it!
Whether it is a regular visit to the studio to help with monthly mailings, or an occasional hand during one or more special events throughout the year, keep us in mind as a great place to invest your spare time or community service hours. And because good work does not go unrewarded, we make sure refreshments are available. : )
- There is mail to stuff, sort, and get out the door
- An Evening Uncorked!
- Halloween Spooktacular for the Rhode Island PBS Kids Club
- Costume character visits at the station or on location
- Studio reception and / or live show taping
- Pre-performance hospitality and information table at Providence Performing Arts Center, The Vets, Park Theatre, etc.
Jobs can include set-up and take-down, greeting and ushering guests, guiding crowd flow, check-in, answering phones, and staffing or monitoring information and hospitality tables. There is always a station staff person working with you or nearby to answer your questions as they come up. Depending on the occasion, you will receive a detailed job description and be trained, to give you the confidence and support you need to make your experience effective and rewarding.
To add your name to the mailing or event volunteer list (or both!), please CLICK HERE or call Development and Corporate Relations Associate Kelsey Nagel at 401-222-3636, ext. 381.